Leopards Lending a Hand!
LIES is continuing our Community Outreach program called Leopards Lending a Hand, and we’d love to get you and your kids involved! We plan to build upon existing programs such as our coat drive, and we’ll also begin a few new endeavors in an effort to give back to our wonderful community. We will focus on partnerships with LINK, Sterling Elementary, Embry Rucker Shelter and a local Nursing Home.
Events and Opportunities for 2017-2018
Tennis Shoe Drive
August 28th - September 8th
- Some of the kids at Sterling Elementary did not have tennis shoes for PE.Â They loved receiving them!Â
- We will share our collection with our cluster schools (Meadowland and Sugarland)
- We accept new and gently used shoes.
Coat and Halloween Costume Drive
October 2nd - October 13th
- This collection will benefit Sterling Elementary School and our cluster schools in need. Collection boxes will be placed out in the lobby.
- We accept gently used and new items.
Halloween BINGO Canned Food Drive
- We will collect canned foods to benefit LINK.
Sweats For Vets
November 6th - November 17th
Holiday Online Giving Tree
November 27th - December 12th
- We will collect stocking stuffers for the kids at Embry Rucker and Leesburg Homeless Shelters.
- Collection box will be in the school lobby
Mobile Hope Supply Drive
February 1st - February 16th
- Each grade will bring in a different needed supply (socks, soap, shampoo etc.)
- We will coordinate to have the bus come to the school so the students can tour it. (Goal- Bus to come on February 16th).
April 9th - April 20th
- Collecting new and gently used books to benefit Sterling Elementary and our cluster schools. This will support their summer reading programs.
We will also resume our Food Rescue Program that was a huge success last year thanks to Cori Sanzano. Please check out the sign up and see if you can help a time or two this year. It’s so easy and such a great service.
Please look for email communications from the PTO and from room parents throughout the year for our latest information, we’ll have links to sign ups, information on upcoming programs and opportunities to get involved.
If you see a need, let us know…if you want to make a difference please join us!